If you’ve reported repairs to your landlord and they haven’t done anything about it, you or your family member can claim compensation if injured by the disrepair. Call us today on 0333 0000 510.
It is important that you keep supporting evidence to help your claim for compensation. Although complaining to your landlord or letting agent verbally, in theory, should be enough to resolve the issue, this is often not the case. Another option is to write to the landlord or letting agent, ensuring that you keep all copies of letters sent, as well as using a recorded delivery service. However, if the issue still isn’t resolved, speak to one of our Legal Advisors who can help you today.
You can claim compensation if:
- Your property is damaged or destroyed due to your landlord failing to carry out repairs or maintain the property
- The building has mould or damp
- Carpets or furniture is affected by a water leak
- If the property is damaged whilst repair work is carried out
- Issues caused to health due to sub-standard living conditions
The amount of compensation you can claim is dependent on the circumstances of the property, which can be confusing and frustrating to work out what can and cannot be claimed. We operate a No Win No Fee basis which means that you will only have to pay for our services if we are successful. To start your claim today call 0333 0000 510 to speak to one of our friendly legal advisors or click below and we will get back to you.