If you’ve been involved in a car accident that wasn’t your fault and have suffered a broken arm, you’ll naturally begin to wonder how much compensation you may be entitled to.
While it may be helpful in theory to find out what the ‘average’ settlement is, the reality is that no such figure truly exists. There is no average car accident meaning, by extension, there is no average settlement: everyone’s case is entirely unique.
How much you’re entitled to following an accident will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The severity of your injury: Recovery and healthcare requirements differ depending on how and where your arm has broken. The more severely injured your arm is, the more you’re likely to be entitled to, should you make a claim.
- How well you recover: If you’re lucky enough to recover from your injury quickly – and fully – you probably won’t be in line for as large a settlement. Those suffering prolonged issues and experiencing a lengthy recovery time will likely be entitled to more compensation.
- Whether you’ll recover fully: Perhaps you had a prior arm injury, leaving it weakened before the accident occurred? Or maybe your arm was crushed in the accident? In either eventuality your arm may never recover fully, which will entitle you to a larger settlement.
- How your life has been affected by the injury: If you’ve been unable to work while recovering and your income’s been impacted because of it, we will take this into account when discussing your claim.
So, how do you find out exactly how much you might be entitled to?
Speak to the experts
Our team of serious accident lawyers can help. As well as working to secure the compensation you’re entitled to, they’ll make sure you receive the aftercare and treatment you need for your arm injury.
The amount of compensation you’re eligible to receive will vary depending on a range of factors:
- The severity of your injury
- The recovery period and how fully you’re able to recover
- The effect the injury may have on your ability to earn a living
- The level of ongoing pain you suffer from
We’ll be able to give you an idea of the amount of compensation you may be able to claim once we understand the specifics of your injury – and the accident that caused it.
All you have to do is complete our online road traffic accident claim form and hit ‘Start Your Claim.’
Alternatively, you can pick up the phone and dial 0333 000 0510 to speak to an experienced serious accident lawyer about your case.
Crucially, we operate on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. This means that if we’re unsuccessful and are unable to settle your claim, you won’t owe us a penny!