What is a Claim for Industrial Disease compensation?
Capital Lawyers have a specialist industrial disease team who can assist you if you have been diagnosed with a condition or illness which has been caused by a working environment. People often think that Industrial Disease is a thing of the past, however many people are exposed to working conditions on a daily basis which can affect their health due to their employers not taking adequate care for their health and safety in the workplace. If you have worked in a loud or noisy environment, without being provided with adequate hearing protection, your hearing may have been damaged. Similarly, if you have been exposed to pneumatic tools for prolonged periods without proper protection you may be suffering from conditions such as vibration white finger or carpal tunnel syndrome.
Types of Industrial Diseases:
- Vibration White Finger
- Industrial Deafness
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Asbestos Related Illnesses
Your employers are also under a duty to protect you from harmful chemicals as exposure to particular chemicals can cause problems such as dermatitis, asthma, or in the worst cases even cancer. If you have been exposed to such working conditions and have subsequently developed health problems contact us to see if we can assist in recovering compensation for you. Even if you were exposed to these working conditions a number of years ago, it may still be possible to claim. Speak to one of our experts now to see if we can help.
The vast majority of people diagnosed with an Industrial Disease in the UK have valuable rights to compensation.
Know your entitlements
If you have been diagnosed with an asbestos or other industrial related disease, it is very likely that you are entitled to compensation.
Compensation may include amounts for:
- Pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of income
- The commercial cost of assistance around the home, in the garden and nursing care (even if that assistance is being provided voluntarily by relatives and friends)
- Out of pocket expenses, such as travel to medical appointments
- If your partner or a family member dies as a result of an asbestos related condition, a claim for compensation may still be available to the estate and/or the dependants of the deceased. The claim may be limited to the financial consequences of the death.
Time limits apply to bringing a claim. It is important you get legal advice regarding your potential entitlement to compensation.
What we need you to do
If you have been diagnosed with an asbestos related disease or believe you may suffer from an asbestos related disease, contact Optimum to access advice specific to your circumstances. No matter where you are in the UK, we can help. Where necessary, we can visit you in your home.
The majority of court actions settle before trial. If it is necessary to go to court, our lawyers have the skills and experience in litigation to guide you through the complexities of court proceedings.